A habit is a behavior that requires little thought or effort to carry out because you have become so accustomed to doing it. Habits tend to be automatic, uncontrolled, and almost unintentional.
WHAT IS A BAD HABIT?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HEALTHY HABITS?
YOU’LL HAVE MORE ENERGY
YOU’LL HAVE A STRONGER IMMUNE SYSTEM
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet
- Exercise at least five times a week
- Drink alcohol in moderation
- Don’t smoke
- Get enough sleep
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Minimize stress as much as possible
IT WILL BE EASIER TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT
- Daily exercise. Make exercise a habit by working it into your day naturally. Walk or bike to work, if you can. Do a short digital workout right before bed. Or, schedule an online exercise yoga class for a certain day of the week. Pilates is another alternative.
- More fruits and vegetables. Aim to never eat a meal or snack without at least one vegetable or fruit being included.
- Drink water. Keep a water bottle with you all day. Sometimes, when you feel inclined to reach for a sugary snack, it’s not actually because you’re hungry; you may just be thirsty.
YOU MAY LIVE LONGER
We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first establish peace within our own minds.
Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
YOUR MOOD WILL IMPROVE
Build new habits with Hapday your Welbeing Assistant
Join the millions of people using Hapday. Improve overall wellness & sleep.