Mindfulness is the basic ability to perceive the present moment, focus on “here and now” and be present in everything you do, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us.
The Definition of Mindfulness
- Static or moving meditations (seated, walking, standing meditation; it is also possible lying down but often leads to sleep);
- Short breaks during the day;
- Merging meditation practice with yoga and other physical activities.
The Benefits of Mindfulness
- Gaining insight and awareness through observing our own mind
- Reducing anxiety and stress;
- Improving memory;
- Enhancing performance;
- Increasing our attention to our well-being.
8 Facts About Mindfulness:
Mindfulness Is Not All in Your Head
How to Sit for Meditation Practice
Meditate with Hapday your Welbeing Assistant
Join the millions of people using Hapday. Improve overall wellness & sleep.